From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where to get the gentoo kernel?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:17:57
1 If you want to build the original kernel,
2
3 emerge linux-sources
4
5 (At least, I think that's the package name for vanilla sources. I
6 don't have my Gentoo box handy)
7
8 On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Lavender <448463782@××.com> wrote:
9 > Suddenly I got an idea , is there great difference between gentoo kernel and
10 > the original kernel ?
11 > I want to build linux with the original kernel , but where have gentoo
12 > modified based original kernel ? Security , speed or anywhere else ? If I do
13 > this, can the linux I built  be called gentoo ?
16 > ------------------ Original ------------------
17 > From:  "Lavender"<448463782@××.com>;
18 > Date:  Thu, Oct 13, 2011 09:56 PM
19 > To:  "gentoo-user"<gentoo-user@l.g.o>;
20 > Subject:  Re: [gentoo-user] Where to get the gentoo kernel?
21 >
22 > Yeah , I know it works , but I wanna know exactly where it it , because my
23 > school will cut the electricity down after 11 pm . I need to get it before I
24 > could not .
27 > ------------------ Original ------------------
28 > From:  "meino.cramer"<meino.cramer@×××.de>;
29 > Date:  Thu, Oct 13, 2011 09:52 PM
30 > To:  "gentoo-user"<gentoo-user@l.g.o>;
31 > Subject:  Re: [gentoo-user] Where to get the gentoo kernel?
32 >
33 > Lavender <448463782@××.com> [11-10-13 15:48]:
34 >> I want to download it . I have searched in the distfiles directory on the
35 >> mirorrs , but I don't know where to get it . Anyone can tell me ?
36 >
37 > Hi,
38 >
39 > try