From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way to clean up the world file?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 15:59:45
1 On 6/6/19 9:57 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > It seems as if the regenworld script adds things that it finds from
3 > /var/log/emerge.log that aren't themselves dependencies of something
4 > else.  Thus it the world file is cleaner than if all installed packages
5 > were in the world file.
6
7 To put some numbers to it, regenworld crates a new world file that is
8 ~250 lines on a machine that has > 950 packages installed (as reported
9 by emerge -DuNeq @world).
10
11 So it's better. But I think I still need to clean the world file.
16 Grant. . . .
17 unix || die