From: "S. ancelot" <sancelot@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacing main harddisk
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:23:04
1 Hi,
2 Download linux sysrescue live cd on the web
3 and use dd_rescue
4 bye
7 Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
8
9 >You can make a precise copy of your disk with dd command
10 >using dd if=/dev/hdaX of=backupfile.iso
11 >
12 >and then on the disk you want to write the data with
13 >dd if=backupfile.iso of=/dev/hdXX;
14 >
15 >if bouth disk are in the same machine you can copy it directtly using
16 >
17 >dd if=/dev/originpartition of=/dev/destinationpartition
18 >
19 >holpe that helps, Allan
20 >