From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacing main harddisk
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:00:41
1 You can make a precise copy of your disk with dd command
2 using dd if=/dev/hdaX of=backupfile.iso
3
4 and then on the disk you want to write the data with
5 dd if=backupfile.iso of=/dev/hdXX;
6
7 if bouth disk are in the same machine you can copy it directtly using
8
9 dd if=/dev/originpartition of=/dev/destinationpartition
10
11 holpe that helps, Allan
12