From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo requires password twice
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 00:51:33
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:36, "Daevid Vincent" <daevid@××××××.com>
2 wrote about 'RE: [gentoo-user] sudo requires password twice':
3 > I've not figured this out yet, so reposting in case someone has any
4 > ideas...
5
6 Hrm, I either never got the original (not surprising) of I was just
7 skimming my mail to quickly and missed your question (even less
8 surprising).
9
10 > auth required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
11
12 This line...
13
14 > auth include system-auth
15
16 and this one are redundant. They both run through the system-auth chain as
17 part of authentication. In effect you are telling PAM that any sudo
18 authentication needs to do system authentication twice w/ whatever
19 pam_nologin does in between.
20
21 You'll want to remove one or the other, after investigating any subtle
22 differences between the two that I'm unaware of, which may or may not
23 exist. (I haven't messed with PAM in months.)
26 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
27 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
28 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
29 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh