From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] sudo requires password twice
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:46:38
1 Can someone paste/send me their (stock) "/etc/pam.d/sudo" file?
2
3 I don't do anything fancy and haven't purposefully edited this file, so I
4 just want whatever the standard (current) Gentoo version is. This double
5 prompting is very frustrating...
6
7 DÆVID
8
9 > -----Original Message-----
10 > From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.net]
11 > Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:46 PM
12 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
13 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo requires password twice
14 >
15 > On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:36, "Daevid Vincent"
16 > <daevid@××××××.com>
17 > wrote about 'RE: [gentoo-user] sudo requires password twice':
18 > > I've not figured this out yet, so reposting in case someone has any
19 > > ideas...
20 >
21 > Hrm, I either never got the original (not surprising) of I was just
22 > skimming my mail to quickly and missed your question (even less
23 > surprising).
24 >
25 > > auth required /lib/security/pam_stack.so
26 > service=system-auth
27 >
28 > This line...
29 >
30 > > auth include system-auth
31 >
32 > and this one are redundant. They both run through the
33 > system-auth chain as
34 > part of authentication. In effect you are telling PAM that any sudo
35 > authentication needs to do system authentication twice w/ whatever
36 > pam_nologin does in between.
37 >
38 > You'll want to remove one or the other, after investigating
39 > any subtle
40 > differences between the two that I'm unaware of, which may or may not
41 > exist. (I haven't messed with PAM in months.)
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list