From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Howto share Linux swap partition with Windows XP
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:45:32
1 On Friday 23 January 2009 14:58:32 Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > Mainly because I use ntfsclone to keep a bunch of backup copies of the
4 > NTFS partition, and having a 2GB swap file in every backup copy starts to
5 > eat up a lot of disk space.
6
7 In the days when I ran Windows I used to have at least one partition other
8 than C and force the swap file onto it, with fixed size. Then I could just
9 omit that partition from the backup.
10
11 Perhaps it's still possible to do that; I don't know, but it might be worth
12 a try.
15 Rgds
16 Peter