From: Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] BUG? - bridge-utils no binary?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:31:29
1 Hello
2
3 I am building a linux AP using a clean installation of gentoo and this
4 howto:
5
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Building_a_Wireless_Access_Point_With_Gentoo
7
8 Everything was going great until I came to emerging bridge-utils.
9
10 the actual emerging didnt fail (using "emerge bridge-utils -av") but
11 typing the command brctl it tells me '-bash: brctl: command not found'
12
13 next I try "whereis brctl", resulting in:
14
15 brctl: /usr/man/man8/brctl.8.gz /usr/share/man/man8/brctl.8.gz
16
17 ok, so the man files are there, it seems the package was installed. but
18 no binary.
19
20 Using "find / -name brctl" i also got nothing.
21
22 It seems that there is no binary, I have tried emerging again,
23 unmerging, updating and the like, still the same problem. The emerge
24 itself doesnt fail with the usual "Error..." so I presume thats fine (or
25 am i wrong that
26 emerge would halt on all errors?)
27
28 Any help appreciated as I am somewhat at a loss as to whats going on.
29
30 thanks
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list