From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BUG? - bridge-utils no binary?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:39:26
1 Check the emerge logs and see what files were copied where (the part
2 where it's like /usr/bin/brctl - or whatever). It may be that the
3 command is slightly different with this version. *shrugs*
4
5 Ognjen Bezanov wrote:
6 > Hello
7 >
8 > I am building a linux AP using a clean installation of gentoo and this
9 > howto:
10 >
11 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Building_a_Wireless_Access_Point_With_Gentoo
12 >
13 > Everything was going great until I came to emerging bridge-utils.
14 >
15 > the actual emerging didnt fail (using "emerge bridge-utils -av") but
16 > typing the command brctl it tells me '-bash: brctl: command not found'
17 >
18 > next I try "whereis brctl", resulting in:
19 >
20 > brctl: /usr/man/man8/brctl.8.gz /usr/share/man/man8/brctl.8.gz
21 >
22 > ok, so the man files are there, it seems the package was installed. but
23 > no binary.
24 >
25 > Using "find / -name brctl" i also got nothing.
26 >
27 > It seems that there is no binary, I have tried emerging again,
28 > unmerging, updating and the like, still the same problem. The emerge
29 > itself doesnt fail with the usual "Error..." so I presume thats fine (or
30 > am i wrong that
31 > emerge would halt on all errors?)
32 >
33 > Any help appreciated as I am somewhat at a loss as to whats going on.
34 >
35 > thanks
40 This site uses frames
41 And yet your browser does not.