From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to prevent portage from installing masked package
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 18:56:14
1 On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 2:04 PM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, I have not been able to figure this out, it did not abort and
4 > wants to install the masked package, so hear is the whole output ---
5 > thanks for all your help.
8 What is the actual package.mask set to? Does the same mask cover both
9 the installed and upgraded version of gtk+? It seems odd to me that
10 emerge would even offer the option to continue if a package was
11 masked. You might want to check with the portage team.
14 Rich