From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Still trying to compile hydrogen
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:06:07
1 meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
2
3 > meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> [12-02-18 14:40]:
4 > > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:
5 > > > meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
6 > > >
7 > > > > How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?
8 > > >
9 > > > QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.
10
11 > > When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
12 > > not set and breaks...
13
14 > Right after reinstalling Qt-4.7 (core) and QtGui
15 > emerging museseq it fails with
19 > ***************** WARNING *****************
20 >
21 > YOU HAVE NOT SET YOUR 'QTDIR' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE!!!
22 >
23 > This is the source of most people's problems when
24 > configuring muse. If the configuration fails to find
25 > qt, try setting your QTDIR environment variable to
26 > the directory where qt is installed.
27 >
28 > *******************************************
29
30 This variable was necessary for Qt3, because that was often installed in
31 unusual locations like /usr/qt/3. Qt4 uses the normal hierarchy, with
32 stuff being installed in /usr/bn, /usr/lib, and so on. So this variable
33 should not be needed any more.
34
35 > checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
36 > checking for QT libraries ()... no
37 > checking for QT moc (moc)... no
38 > checking for QT uic (uic)... no
39 > configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
42 > Something is very very rotten here...but I dont not what...
43 >
44 > Any help in sight at the horizon ... ?
45
46 My guess would be that musesq uses Qt3 only, not Qt4.
47
48 Someone has the same problem here [*], and someone else came up with a
49 new ebuild for musesq-2.0_beta2. If that's newer than yours, give that a
50 try.
51
52 [*] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@×××××××××××××××.org/msg04168.html
53