From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Where to get qmake for qt3?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:18:55
1 On 2010-07-01, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2010-07-01, Nils Larsson <ni1s@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >>> Where do I find qmake 3?
4 >>
5 >> I assume qt3 and whatever deps. it needs are available through the
6 >> kde-sunset overlay.
7 >
8 > Two questions:
9 >
10 > 1) What do the qt3support use flag and the qt-qt3support package do?
11 > I had assumed that they enabled qt3 support, but apparently not?
12
13 Google found me some info on what the qt3support in qt4 did, but it
14 was a bit vague. It apparently enables some qt3 compatibilty layer
15 stuff that's used by some apps that have been partially ported from
16 qt3 to qt4.
17
18 Having qt3support does support the building of qt3 apps.
19
20 > 2) Is there any documentation on how to use Qt3 from the kde-sunset
21 > overlay? The only thing I could find was on how to use KDE 3.5
22 > instead of KDE 4.
23 >
24 > I'm not interested in KDE, and I want to keep the normal Qt4
25 > install -- I just have a single Qt3 (not KDE) app that I need to
26 > build from sources.
27
28 Installing qt3 seems to be rather simple. Just enable the kde-sunset
29 overlay using layman, and then:
30
31 emerge qt:3
32
33 Now I've got a /usr/qt/3/bin/qmake.
34
35 The app still won't build, but I think I'm getting closer.
38 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! An Italian is COMBING
39 at his hair in suburban DES
40 gmail.com MOINES!