From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pocket sneaks back
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 04:42:24
1 Matt Connell wrote:
2 > On 2020-03-16 19:46, Dale wrote:
3 >> Anything that can do, I can do locally by saving a web page or
4 >> downloading the content.
5 > Pocket is easily replaced by just synchronizing bookmarks, for most
6 > people's purposes, and FF already supports that.
7 >
8 > If you need more than that, I can recommend Wallabag for link-saving. I
9 > use it as my "read later" list.
14 Since I backup my /home directory, I have that already.  Based on what
15 the link claims, it allows you to watch videos, read articles and such
16 later even if offline.  If I like a page, I save it or print it as a pdf
17 or copy and paste it into LOo.  It might be a long way around but it
18 makes it available even if the website removes content or shuts down
19 completely, forever.
20
21 Still, I likely don't understand all it does but I disabled it since I
22 don't think it serves a purpose here for me anyway.  Maybe others will.
23
24 I wonder what else Firefox does I don't know about????
25
26 Dale
27