From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:36:30
1 bitlord wrote:
2 > On Mon, 25 May 2015 22:27:39 -0400
3 > covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi. I am trying to burn an iso image to a cd (maybe its actually a
6 >> dvd disk), and it boots without any errors, and I can mount the iso
7 >> with the loop option, but if I try to mount the cd, it complains
8 >> about ufs file systems, and if I try to mount with -t iso9660, it
9 >> just says bad file type or bad superblock and the disk is unusable.
10 >> Nothing interesting in the logs, it just says the same about ufs and
11 >> nothing about iso9660.
12 >>
13 >> I am using cdrecord from cdrtools-3.01_alpha28 and I am running the
14 >> unstable version of gentoo.
15 >>
16 >> Any assistance would be appreciated.
17 >>
18 > Sorry, I know nothing about standards, optical media and filesystems,
19 > and don't understand how it works, once I had some issues with mounting
20 > optical media, also missing a filesystem which I fixed with enabling
21 > CONFIG_UDF_FS in kernel. I tried to read about UDF... before replying,
22 > but it is too much for me, if I understand it correctly it is not just
23 > what is written to the media but also how (different modes, for adding
24 > more data later ...), so may be some option while burning media that
25 > allows you to use free space left on the disk.
26 > If this is not useful just ignore it. ;-)
30 Same boat here. From what I understand, if it is more than 2GBs, it
31 needs UDF support. No idea if that applies to ISOs to tho.
32
33 Dale
34