From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 05:48:00
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > bitlord wrote:
4 > > On Mon, 25 May 2015 22:27:39 -0400
5 > > covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> Hi. I am trying to burn an iso image to a cd (maybe its actually a
8 > >> dvd disk), and it boots without any errors, and I can mount the iso
9 > >> with the loop option, but if I try to mount the cd, it complains
10 > >> about ufs file systems, and if I try to mount with -t iso9660, it
11 > >> just says bad file type or bad superblock and the disk is unusable.
12 > >> Nothing interesting in the logs, it just says the same about ufs and
13 > >> nothing about iso9660.
14 > >>
15 > >> I am using cdrecord from cdrtools-3.01_alpha28 and I am running the
16 > >> unstable version of gentoo.
17 > >>
18 > >> Any assistance would be appreciated.
19 > >>
20 > > Sorry, I know nothing about standards, optical media and filesystems,
21 > > and don't understand how it works, once I had some issues with mounting
22 > > optical media, also missing a filesystem which I fixed with enabling
23 > > CONFIG_UDF_FS in kernel. I tried to read about UDF... before replying,
24 > > but it is too much for me, if I understand it correctly it is not just
25 > > what is written to the media but also how (different modes, for adding
26 > > more data later ...), so may be some option while burning media that
27 > > allows you to use free space left on the disk.
28 > > If this is not useful just ignore it. ;-)
32 > Same boat here. From what I understand, if it is more than 2GBs, it
33 > needs UDF support. No idea if that applies to ISOs to tho.
34
35 But its an iso, and I can mount the .iso via loop, why should it care
36 about udf support and I think udf is trying to read the cd, because its
37 apparently not thinking its an iso9660 file system.
40 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
41 How do
42 you spend it?
43
44 John Covici