From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy dialup for unprivileged user
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:30:29
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > Passwordless SUDO on an app, or add some sgid/suid bits and do some
3 > group twiddling on the apps that do all your magic as root. That
4 > should at least be a good starting point :)
7 Thanks - but making extra programs setuid root is one of the things I
8 really want to avoid, as it creates possibly security backdoors and
9 complicates upgrades - e.g. new version of prog gets installed w/o the
10 custom setuid bit and its a call to me 'cause 'the internet is broken' :-).
11
12 Cheers
13
14 Mark