From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy dialup for unprivileged user
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:29:02
1 On Sunday 31 December 2006 22:20, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
2 > Kent Fredric wrote:
3 > > Passwordless SUDO on an app, or add some sgid/suid bits and do some
4 > > group twiddling on the apps that do all your magic as root. That
5 > > should at least be a good starting point :)
6 >
7 > Thanks - but making extra programs setuid root is one of the things I
8 > really want to avoid, as it creates possibly security backdoors and
9 > complicates upgrades - e.g. new version of prog gets installed w/o the
10 > custom setuid bit and its a call to me 'cause 'the internet is broken' :-).
11
12 Isn't it simply a matter of adding her username to the dialout group
13 in /etc/group?
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick