From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eix-test-obolete
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:46:56
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 13 May 2008 07:18:33 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 >> > I guess I don't understand how the system got these packages but
6 >> > appears not to know much about them.
7 >>
8 >> Try adding --with-bdeps y and see if that addresses it. I've got this
9 >> in my make.conf file
10 >>
11 >> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"
12 >
13 > Another possibility is that ypou merged them with the --oneshot option,
14 > or that they were pulled in as a dependency of a package you no longer
15 > have (or has been updated to a version that is no longer dependent on
16 > them). What does "emerge --depclean -p" show?
17
18 Along with dire warnings about ruining your system it lists 80 pkgs to
19 be removed. Some are also on the eix-test-obsolete list of 14.
20
21 I suspect I had better not allow it to actually remove these pkgs.
22
23 For example, one of the listed pkgs is:
24
25 gnome-base/libgnomeui
26
27 which equery says `firefox' and `etherape' depend on.
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list