From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] traffic shaping
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:24:49
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I am struggling with traffic shaping. I have ironed out most rough things but
4 are stuck with one remaining issue.
5
6 It happens as soon as I enter any one of the following lines:
7
8 tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1: prio 2 handle 1 fw flowid 1:20
9 tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1: protocol ip prio 2 handle 1 fw flowid 1:20
10 tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1: prio 2 handle 1 fw classid 1:20
11 tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1: protocol ip prio 2 handle 1 fw classid 1:20
12
13 I then get the error message:
14 RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
15 We have an error talking to the kernel
16
17 Prior experience suggests that a module is missing or not loaded. The question
18 is: Which one? Or am I completely wrong in my assumption?
19
20 Any experts here to lend a brain cell? ;-)
21
22 Uwe
25 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list