From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] traffic shaping
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:16:22
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:16:35 +0200
4 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
5
6 > It happens as soon as I enter any one of the following lines:
7 >
8 > tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1: prio 2 handle 1 fw flowid 1:20
9 > [...]
10 > I then get the error message:
11 > RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
12 > We have an error talking to the kernel
13 >
14 > Prior experience suggests that a module is missing or not loaded. The question
15 > is: Which one? Or am I completely wrong in my assumption?
16
17 Did you compile "QoS and/or fair queuing" support into the kernel
18 (i.e., not the "traffic shaping device" which is in the device
19 section)? It should then load modules automatically (well, if
20 configured in the kernel, that is).
21
22 Hm, and you _did_ set up the qdiscs and classes first? OTOH, and I
23 don't know for sure if that's needed before configuring the filters.
24
25 -hwh
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list