From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Poor sound quality
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:52:22
1 On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 21:34:21 -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2
3 > My sound started sounding like crap ~6 months ago. Imagine someone
4 > has control of my volume knob and is quickly (~5Hz) turning the volume
5 > knob up and down. That is a rough idea of what it sounds like.
6 >
7 > This happens whether I am listening a beautiful song or whether I'm
8 > listening to 'white noise'. Happens with my laptop speakers or with
9 > headphones.
10 >
11 > Can anyone hazard a guess as to what is wrong? FYI I'm using a Dell
12 > M6600 with the same amd64 gentoo install for ~2 years.
13
14 Eliminate hardware failure as a cause by trying it from a live CD.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot