From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating a .9999 ebuild
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:50:38
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2015-12-14 16:13 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
4 >
5 > > OK, I have one question more -- for the git, I need to run ./autogen
6 > > before I can run configure, do I need to put that in source_prepare, or
7 > > is this done automatically?
8 >
9 > That should mean the package you are building is using autotools as a
10 > build system, so you should inherit the autotools eclass and run
11 > eautoreconf in src_prepare(). I remember this is stuff that it's in
12 > the dev manual, that should be the place you should be looking mostly.
13 >
14 > PD: knowing the build system also helps a lot
17 Well, I did get it done, had to put a make in the ebuild to create some
18 documents which was not there in the regular ebuild, and I had to run
19 autogen myself because of the peculiar way the author upstream does his
20 builds, but it did work. Very handy to be able to do this kind of
21 thing.
22
23 Thanks all.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici