From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:29:43
1 Hello,
2
3 I just had the same problem. I switched to XFS about two weeks ago, and all
4 I've heard out of my hard drive since then is churning and grinding.
5 Untarring large files is multitudes slower, even a simple emerge --sync
6 takes extra time. Booting was also much slower. I never measured
7 throughput, but it was bad enough that a benchmark was not needed to confirm
8 it. Previously I had been using ext3 with no problems, no hard drive
9 churning. I switched from xfs to reiser4 today out of frusteration...
10 Problem solved.
13 Jason Weisberger
14 jbdubbs@×××××.com