From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] copy text file to clipboard on startup
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 18:48:49
1 On 11/22/2018 11:33 AM, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:49:00 -0700 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 [snip]
6 >> Hmm... I tried it from the command line and restarting the XFCE; nothing
7 >> in the clipboard, empty. Nothing to paste.
8 >
9 > I don't understand what you are meaning. Have you ran xclip and
10 > then restarted XFCE? O_o. Of course this will not work, because X
11 > server is being reset during restart. You need to run xclip after
12 > XFCE is started. The ways to automate this are described above.
13 >
14 >> xclip -in test.txt
15 >
16 > Best regards,
17 > Andrew Savchenko
20 Even if I run it from the command line.
21 xclip -in test.txt
22
23 "CTRL-V" is not pasting anything.
26 Regards,