From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] replacement for ftp?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 20:40:26
1 Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 2017-04-25 14:29, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> since the usage of FTP seems to be declining, what is a replacement
7 >> which is at least as good as FTP?
8 >>
9 >> I'm aware that there's webdav, but that's very awkward to use and
10 >> missing features.
11 >
12 > What about sshfs? It allows you to mount a location that can be accessed
13 > via ssh to your local file system, as if you are using ssh.
14
15 Doesn't that require ssh access? And how do you explain that to ppl
16 finding it too difficult to use Filezilla? Is it available for Windoze?
17
18 > Also samba can be a replacement. I have a samba server on my OpenWRT
19 > router and use mount.cifs to mount it...
20
21 Does that work well, reliably and securely over internet connections?
25 "Didn't work" is an error.