From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ktorrent using a lot of memory recently
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:28:15
1 computers with nikita nikita wrote:
2 > I dont use Ktorrent, While what you are describing sounds like a
3 > memory leak,
4 > have you considered it could be the active downloads connecting to a
5 > large number of peers? Or it could be it building a very large dht
6 > index (not sure what the proper terminology for this is)
7 >
8 > You should double check your settings and make sure everything has
9 > sane limits
12 I've been playing with this a bit before replying.  There's not many
13 options with ktorrent.  I did find a older version of libtorrent tho.  I
14 downgraded to that.  It still increases at times but then seems to
15 return a more normal amount.  It does act strange still but not as bad
16 as it was.  I think you have the right idea tho.  It does seem to be a
17 memory leak somewhere.
18
19 I'll keep playing with this some more and post if I come up with anything.
20
21 Thanks for the help.
22
23 Dale