From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] The saga of the missing Logitech drivers
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:18:20
1 On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:07:16 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > Well this problems is solved. As someone pointed out, Jack both
4 > times, it was related to things not being set. To expose the Logitech
5 > drivers you need INPUT, HID and LEDS_CLASS all set. If you don't then
6 > Logitech will disappear.
7 >
8 > I'm sure that in the past I've had to enable things and when I
9 > tried to select them, I couldn't and then a look in the help indicated
10 > something else needed to be enabled - enable it and I could subsequent
11 > select. In this case, the thing, LOGITECH was not even displayed. As to
12 > whether this is new behaviour or not, can't select Vs hidden, I don't
13 > know.
14
15 It's been that way as long as I've ben using it, menuconfig only displays
16 items you can actually select in its tree listing. However, the search
17 results return all matching options, and show what you need to enable to
18 make an option available.
19
20 > Menuconfig is an absolute mess and, is it too much to ask for
21 > alphabetical order, and the less that I need to interact with it the
22 > better.
23
24 Have you tried xconfig? It is somewhat more user friendly. But, yes, and
25 alpha listing would be nice, as would an option to show only new items.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Windows - software package to turn a 486 into an Etch-A-Sketch!