From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about making a tarball
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 07:27:06
1 On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:33:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Now that worked. Where are we told about that dot? I still don't see
4 > it on the man page. It has examples in there but no dot on the end.
5
6 Tar needs to be given files or directories to include, you didn't and
7 that's why it refused to make an empty archive. Since -C chnges to the
8 directory you want to backup, you use . to tell it to backup the (now)
9 current directory.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 ...Advert for restaurant:
16 "Exotic foods for all occasions. Police balls a speciality."