From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about making a tarball
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 08:05:22
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:33:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> Now that worked. Where are we told about that dot? I still don't see
6 >> it on the man page. It has examples in there but no dot on the end.
9 > Tar needs to be given files or directories to include, you didn't and
10 > that's why it refused to make an empty archive. Since -C chnges to the
11 > directory you want to backup, you use . to tell it to backup the (now)
12 > current directory.
17 Would using a wild card work? Like this; /mnt/gentoo/* Just curious.
18
19 And to think that I thought a period was only needed for the end of a
20 sentence. Learn something new every day I guess.
21
22 Dale
23