From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stealth ethernet
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:47:14
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:19:56 +0000 (UTC) James
4 <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > For a variety of reasons, I need to be able to make an ethernet
6 > interface on a gentoo system, change into listen only (stealth mode).
7 > Kind of like half duplex, so to speak. Any simple tricks?
8 > Just disabling all responses from the ethernet interface would do.
9 > I know I can just use 'ifconfig eth0 down' but anything more
10 > elegant or that would allow the interface to keep receiving
11 > packets for analysis and logging would be better.
12
13 I don't really know how to do this, but the first thing that came into
14 my mind was to configure a firewall so that it drops every packet going
15 outside.
18 Cheers,
19 Renat
23 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
24 durch die sie entstanden sind.
25 (Einstein)