From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: losing network IP address
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 08:01:35
1 Am Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:48:05 -0600
2 schrieb thelma@×××××××××××.com:
3
4 > >> I could suspect the cable but I use two different cable in two
5 > >> different location on same network and same thing happens.
6 > >
7 > > So actually you already ruled the cable out. Maybe the connector?
8 >
9 > Well, not likely the connector; as I use two different cables.
10 > Restarting the net0 gave me incorrect IP. But I agree it might be the
11 > connection. However, I connected another small box Atom to the same
12 > cable and it obtained correct IP on first boot.
13
14 By connector I meant the socket, not the jack...
15
16 As far as I understand, everything points off the router but towards
17 the one box you connect (while other boxes you connect do work). Even
18 when you connect this box at a different location, you see the problem
19 - and I expect a different router/DHCP server there.
20
21 So for problem resolution, you probably don't have to look at the
22 router, nor the cables, nor the switch. It's a problem with this box
23 itself, either hardware problem or software configuration issue.
24
25 Rule out the software issue by booting a rescue CD. See if the problem
26 occurs there, too.
29 Regards,
30 Kai
31