From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dual booting 2 gentoo installations
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:32:36
1 2008/11/25 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 > Could he not share /boot? He may want to have a different set of
3 > kernels for some reason but couldn't he even share those? I ask cause I
4 > shared when I dual booted Mandrake and Gentoo. Naturally Mandrake
5 > didn't last long. LOL It did have different kernels tho. Mandrake
6 > used modules like a mad man.
7
8 Look at the kernel definition line:
9
10 kernel (hd1,1)/boot/kernel-2.6.27-r4 root=/dev/hdb2
11
12 You have to specify a file as a kernel and a / partition. Wherever
13 they are. If you want to share -or not- a unique /boot, feel free.
14
15 Galevsky