From: Istvan Pongracz <gentoo.macs@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] samsung network printer on amd64 - only half page printed
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:11:14
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a problem on my amd64 system.
4 I put a fresh x64 gentoo install to an amd64 machine about a month ago.
5 Now I bought a Samsung CLP 510N network printer and tried to use under
6 64 bit gentoo.
7
8 So, after hacking setup.sh (correct lib paths for 32 bit compatibility
9 libraries) I installed the samsung's config programs, drivers etc.,
10 using cups as printing system.
11
12 Now, the problem is:
13 if I print out a document from openoffice 2, I got exactly the half
14 pages. I mean, if I print out 3 pages, I got 1st page correctly, second
15 contains only the upper half, the left simply missing.
16
17 If I print one page, I got a half.
18
19 This problem happens, when I print a test page under linux-config, which
20 is the samsung provided utility.
21
22 BUT. If I print a test page from Webmin (1.250), I got a full page,
23 without problem.
24
25 On my laptop, which is a 32 bit system, the printing working well to the
26 same printer, using the same drivers, which are installed to the 64 bit
27 system.
28
29 I googled around and I found lot of cups related issues with amd64,
30 mostly from year 2005.
31 My problem definitely was not there.
32 I dig at www.gentoo.org printing howto, but there is no solution.
33 I also tried to find something at samsung site, there is nothing.
34
35 Does anybody know this issue or have an idea, how to solve this situation?
36 Now, printing is more or less useless for me in amd64 environment.
39 Regards,
40 István
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list