From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs shell color question
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:56:57
1 Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 2006-26-12 at 19:24 -0500:
4 >
5 > ...[snip]...
6 >> >
7 >> > Good, however you should not really need to use ansi-mode.
8 >> > I do not, and don't have the trouble you mentioned.
9 >> >
10 >> > In normal shell-mode (M-x shell) I do see the escape sequences you
11 >> > mention but not in eshell (M-x eshell).
12 >> >
13 > ...[snip]...
14 >
15 > I have similar problems with xemacs. Both shell and eshell act the same
16 > and there seems to be no ansi-term for xemacs. This used to work fine.
17
18 Are you using [Xe]macs in console mode or in an xterm .. other?
19
20 What is the output of `alias|grep ls'?
21
22 > Could this be a terminfo problem? When I do the following in a xemacs
23 > shell:
24
25 Not likely
26
27 > tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $ echo $TERM
28 > emacs
29 > tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $ find /usr/share/terminfo -name emacs -print
30 > tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $
31 >
32 > Doesn't this indicate that the terminal type "emacs" is missing from the
33 > terminfo database. If so, how would I get it back?
34
35 No. Emacs terminal is internal to [Xe]macs
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list