From: Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs shell color question
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:05:57
1 On Tue, 2006-26-12 at 19:24 -0500:
2
3 ...[snip]...
4 > >
5 > > Good, however you should not really need to use ansi-mode.
6 > > I do not, and don't have the trouble you mentioned.
7 > >
8 > > In normal shell-mode (M-x shell) I do see the escape sequences you
9 > > mention but not in eshell (M-x eshell).
10 > >
11 ...[snip]...
12
13 I have similar problems with xemacs. Both shell and eshell act the same
14 and there seems to be no ansi-term for xemacs. This used to work fine.
15
16 Could this be a terminfo problem? When I do the following in a xemacs
17 shell:
18
19 tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $ echo $TERM
20 emacs
21 tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $ find /usr/share/terminfo -name emacs -print
22 tnaujoka@Athlon-XP-2500 ~ $
23
24 Doesn't this indicate that the terminal type "emacs" is missing from the
25 terminfo database. If so, how would I get it back?
26
27 Tom
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list