From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] set FAN speed
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:35:45
1 i8k handles the problem for the i8k's - it might work for you. There is
2 also a dell laptop option in the kernel for a module that can be loaded
3 (its needed for these utilities) and it can be accessed directly
4 via /proc if the i8kutils do not cut it. Dell and their bloody broken
5 ACPI ...
6
7 BillK
10 rattus rpm # emerge i8k -s
11 Searching...
12 [ Results for search key : i8k ]
13 [ Applications found : 2 ]
14
15 * app-laptop/i8kutils
16 Latest version available: 1.25
17 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
18 Size of downloaded files: 39 kB
19 Homepage: http://people.debian.org/~dz/i8k/
21 License: GPL-2