From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT router advice] a router capable of detailed logs
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:19:03
1 Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 Harry wrote:
4 >> So, cutting to the chase; can anyone recommend from actual use, a home
5 >> lan router that has gigabit lan ports and very configurable/
6 >> informative logging options?
7
8 Joost replied:
9 > Not familiar with specific types, but I've had best results with the routers
10 > from Zyxel. The one I used to use (ADSL) would provide a lot of information
11 > via SNMP and other logging-options.
12 > Also, this one had no problem with multiple (1000+) simultaneous connections.
13 > Which is something other brands suffer from regularly.
14
15 They appear to have only 2 wired routers: P-335Plus and P-334
16
17 And only 1 or 2 wireless with gigabit. The top of the line NBG-460N
18 looks promising but hard to find a price on... I found it listed as
19 low as $128, so may be a good choice.