From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 starting yet not starting
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:55:07
1 On 10/24/06, Juan Miguel Perez <victormt@×××××××.cu> wrote:
2 > Lord Sauron wrote:
3 > > Weird problem.
4 > >
5 > > On my server net.eth0 isn't starting, yet it is.
6 > >
7 > > During boot it goes through the normal routine, it starts net.lo and
8 > > everything, however, then it goes into runlevel 3 and then all my
9 > > services fail (apache, sshd, ddclient, etc), complaining that net.eth0
10 > > isn't running. I log in and try to start net.eth0 and it tells me
11 > > that it's already running!
12 > >
13 > > I tried adding net.eth0 to runlevel boot, boot and default, and then
14 > > just default, but it still doesn't work. Does anyone know what is
15 > > going on? This is really confusing me.
16 > >
17 > Hi
18 > try to fix in the kernel the module of your net card like * and not like
19 > M i think that can be one way
20
21 I'll go do that once I get home. I hadn't thought of that.
22
23 Any other possible causes? I mean, if that doesn't work, I may have
24 to take Gentoo off the server and use something else : (
28 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
29 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
30 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
31 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
32 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list