From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acrobat reader can not run by normal user
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:15:16
1 On 6/26/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 6/25/06, fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On 6/25/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org > wrote:
5 > > I compared all the open() system calls between outputs generated by root
6 > and
7 > > the normal user, and found something strange: both root and the normal
8 > user
9 > > version trying to open libstdc++.so.6, after checking /etc/ld.so.conf,
10 > what
11 > > have made me confused is the root
12 > > version choose /usr/lib/libstdc++-v3/ thus the normal user choose
13 > > /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.6/, probably this is the
14 > > answer to the crash, but I just wonder what make them having different
15 > > choices with the same ld.so.conf?
16 >
17 > The user environment can override ld.so.conf. Try "env | grep LD" as
18 > both the normal user and root.
21 mm, I have totally forgotten those tricks, will check it back home.
22 thanks a lot Richard..
23
24 -Richard
25 > --