From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acrobat reader can not run by normal user
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:25:16
1 On 6/25/06, fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 6/25/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org > wrote:
3 > I compared all the open() system calls between outputs generated by root and
4 > the normal user, and found something strange: both root and the normal user
5 > version trying to open libstdc++.so.6, after checking /etc/ld.so.conf, what
6 > have made me confused is the root
7 > version choose /usr/lib/libstdc++-v3/ thus the normal user choose
8 > /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.6/, probably this is the
9 > answer to the crash, but I just wonder what make them having different
10 > choices with the same ld.so.conf?
11
12 The user environment can override ld.so.conf. Try "env | grep LD" as
13 both the normal user and root.
14
15 -Richard
16 --