From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] photo viewer other than gthumb?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:32:23
1 On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:48:30PM -0500, Daddy wrote:
2 > On March 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Daddy <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > >
8 > > >
9 > > > On March 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > >
11 > > >> Can anyone recommend a photo browser/viewer other than gthumb which is
12 > > >> in portage or an overlay?
13 > > >>
14 > > >> - Grant
15 > > >>
16 > > >
17 > > > media-gfx/gqview
18 > >
19 > > gqview became geeqie, FWIW. I don't recall the full story, but IIRC,
20 > > gqview stagnated, and geeqie is a fork.
21 > >
22 > > --
23 > > :wq
26 > Thanks ... I'm an old CLI dinosaur and display has been working for me fine
27 > for so many years. Something recently changed where it's not going from one
28 > file to the next in a directory. Also, there was something else I used to
29 > generate thumbnails, but I forgot. Just emerge geeqie ... btw ... gqview
30 > was just recommended to me 2 days ago in #gentoo ;)
31
32 For quick commandline viewing I use xv, it is simple, just shows the
33 image, can show multiple images (space, backspace to go through them, q
34 to quit,) and a few other resize / rotate options, if you rightclick on
35 the image, you get a 'menu' window with all the options and a list of
36 the images...
39 yoyo