From: Daddy <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] photo viewer other than gthumb?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 03:49:45
1 On March 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Daddy <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
4 wrote:
8 > > On March 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >
10 > >> Can anyone recommend a photo browser/viewer other than gthumb which is
11 > >> in portage or an overlay?
12 > >>
13 > >> - Grant
14 > >>
15 > >
16 > > media-gfx/gqview
17 >
18 > gqview became geeqie, FWIW. I don't recall the full story, but IIRC,
19 > gqview stagnated, and geeqie is a fork.
20 >
21 > --
22 > :wq
25 Thanks ... I'm an old CLI dinosaur and display has been working for me fine
26 for so many years. Something recently changed where it's not going from one
27 file to the next in a directory. Also, there was something else I used to
28 generate thumbnails, but I forgot. Just emerge geeqie ... btw ... gqview
29 was just recommended to me 2 days ago in #gentoo ;)