From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel ricing
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 17:50:56
1 On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 05:31:08PM +0000, James wrote:
2 > >
3 > > I'm not positive of it's architecture, but for 20 months I had a Samsung
4 > > Galaxy S running Android. This was by far the biggest POS I ever owned.
5 > >From
6 > > the first week it spontaneously rebooted, hung, and the performance was
7 > > horrible when it did run.
8 >
9 > 2010 is ancient . Most likely an early Android OS problem, not with the
10 > processor...... Root the bitch and run embedded linux!
11
12 Do you have a link for that? Is that cyanogenmod or whatever?
13
14 I figured the OS was too much for the hardware. Other users around here
15 running later versions of Galaxy don't all have that problem, though some do.
16
17 > > I've since switched to an iPhone 4S, now running iOS 7.0.2. It Just Works (TM)
20 > OK, have you seen this?
21 >
22 > http://www.zdnet.com/2015-64-bit-arm-chips-in-iphone-5s-serve-up-taste-of-intel-free-future-for-apple-7000020524/
23
24 No, but I got the 4S in August because it was free, and when I upgrade I can
25 skip 5 and go to 5S or whatever the second generation. I'll read that, thanks.
26 --
27 Happy Penguin Computers >')
28 126 Fenco Drive ( \
29 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
31 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
32 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
33
34 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
35 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
36 A: Top-posting.
37 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
38
39 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting