From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel ricing
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:08:14
1 Bruce Hill <daddy <at> happypenguincomputers.com> writes:
4 > Do you have a link for that? Is that cyanogenmod or whatever?
5
6 This link popped up in 3 seconds using google:
7
8 http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-root-your-samsung-galaxy-s3-50008588/
11 Old hardware is the best to experiment around with....imho.
14 Backup what you can! Personally, I'd do this on a non-critical
15 cell phone first to make sure it work. NOwadays, phone vendors
16 will try to auto-update your phone software/firmware, so do some
17 research on your exact phone model, your carrier and the different
18 projects out there that best suit your goals....
21 Many other devices use the same uP so most codes written for similar
22 (family of) Processors will have codes you can compile and use.
23 Cross-Compiling is your friend!
24
25 SEandroid is way cool, from the folks I have spoken to.
26
27 good hunting!
28 James