From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescuecd gone rogue
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 17:14:01
1 On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 16:01:13 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2019-06-04, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I just downloaded my preferred medium of choice for installing Gentoo and
4 > > discovered sysrescuecd now runs Linux Arch instead of Gentoo and to make
5 > > things worse it is running systemd instead of openrc. :-(
6 >
7 > That's sad news indeed.
8
9 Thank you all for your responses. I found the thread in the Gentoo forums and
10 am glad 'sabayonino' picked up the mantle to develop an up to date gentoo
11 based LiveRecoverySystem (LRS) from sysrescuecd.
12
13 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1092708-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-100.html
14
15 I'm particularly glad because I had recently deleted my own old homegrown
16 sysrescuecd, in which I had added various firmware files needed for my PCs &
17 their peripherals. I was fearing I might have to repeat all this
18 customisation just to arrive at the same old sysrescuecd, rather than an up to
19 date version.
20
21 Yes, I've also used other CD/DVDs inc. Knoppix to install and repair Gentoo,
22 but for years now I had settled to sysrescuecd. Looking forward to using LRS
23 from now on. :-)
26 Regards,
27 Mick