From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescuecd gone rogue
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 18:23:35
1 On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 13:13:39 -0400,
2 Mick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
5 > On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 16:01:13 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
6 > > On 2019-06-04, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > > I just downloaded my preferred medium of choice for installing Gentoo and
8 > > > discovered sysrescuecd now runs Linux Arch instead of Gentoo and to make
9 > > > things worse it is running systemd instead of openrc. :-(
10 > >
11 > > That's sad news indeed.
12 >
13 > Thank you all for your responses. I found the thread in the Gentoo forums and
14 > am glad 'sabayonino' picked up the mantle to develop an up to date gentoo
15 > based LiveRecoverySystem (LRS) from sysrescuecd.
16 >
17 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1092708-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-100.html
18 >
19 > I'm particularly glad because I had recently deleted my own old homegrown
20 > sysrescuecd, in which I had added various firmware files needed for my PCs &
21 > their peripherals. I was fearing I might have to repeat all this
22 > customisation just to arrive at the same old sysrescuecd, rather than an up to
23 > date version.
24 >
25 > Yes, I've also used other CD/DVDs inc. Knoppix to install and repair Gentoo,
26 > but for years now I had settled to sysrescuecd. Looking forward to using LRS
27 > from now on. :-)
28
29 Does this cd have zfs support? I definitely need this as all my file
30 systems are using zfs.
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici wb2una