From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:24:33
1 On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:05:16 +0000 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:25:22 +0200, Gevisz wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I switched from Ubuntu 10.04 to Gentoo just because it forced closing
6 >>> window button "x" to the upper-left corner of the window in Unity of
7 >>> Ubuntu 12.04 while I used to look for it in the upper-right corner. :)
8 >>
9 >> Wouldn't it have been easier to use the simple configuration option to
10 >> move the button back to where you expected it? Far less effort than
11 >> switching distros.
12 >
13 > No. It is not possible in Unity or, at least, it was not possible
14 > in Unity at the time when Ubuntu 12.04 was released. They really
15 > *forced* their users to accept the new place of the closing window
16 > frame button and have argued that it is more ergonomic.
17
18 It was possible with gconf-editor.