From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast--addendum
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 02:34:02
1 --- Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:38:45 -0700 (PDT)
4 > maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Forgot to add: this all started when I made hda
7 > into
8 > > hdb and vice versa by changing the jumpers on the
9 > two
10 > > IDE drives in this particular PC and telling the
11 > BIOS
12 > > to boot from the 2nd drive. And updating grub and
13 > > fstab, of course.
16 > changing the jumpers on the two drives? You
17 > generally don't have to
18 > change drive jumpers to switch priority in the BIOS
19 > (or physically),
20 > although it might be necessary in certain
21 > circumstances I guess.
22
23 The first drive is for Micro$haft, which I still need
24 for certain tasks.
25
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 Got a little couch potato?
36 Check out fun summer activities for kids.
37 http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list