From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xfce4, session manager, how to edit autostartup list?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:48:10
1 hi,
2
3 I'm using xfce but I don't know yet where settings are stored (beyond
4 .config dir).
5 So my problem is that I've executed my mistake
6 "background-properties-capplet" which one is part of gnome control
7 center (the old 1.4 series).
8 Well, since I did executed this program, my xfce session is not the
9 same. Now I can't use the usual right-click at desktop to open xfce
10 menu and can't even see any wallpaper. It's like something was above
11 of xfce desktop.
12 The biggest problem is that the xfce session was saved with this
13 problem and now it occurs ever.
14 I did tried to kill all possible gnome instances but even when I just
15 let xfce programs running this "evil" desktop doesn't close.
16 I did searched at ~/.config directory for a file with the list of
17 startup applications but there's not a file like this. Also, I tried
18 to rename .config directory but the problem still occurring.
19
20 Did someone knows where to look for a startup application?
21 ~/Desktop/AutoStart doesn't exist.
22
23 Tks in any advice,
24