From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4, session manager, how to edit autostartup list?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:29:49
1 had similar problem, solved deleting ~/.config before starting xcfe. then xcfe
2 starts with defaults.
3
4 Martins
7 On Friday 08 July 2005 16:42, Claudinei Matos wrote:
8 > hi,
9 >
10 > I'm using xfce but I don't know yet where settings are stored (beyond
11 > .config dir).
12 > So my problem is that I've executed my mistake
13 > "background-properties-capplet" which one is part of gnome control
14 > center (the old 1.4 series).
15 > Well, since I did executed this program, my xfce session is not the
16 > same. Now I can't use the usual right-click at desktop to open xfce
17 > menu and can't even see any wallpaper. It's like something was above
18 > of xfce desktop.
19 > The biggest problem is that the xfce session was saved with this
20 > problem and now it occurs ever.
21 > I did tried to kill all possible gnome instances but even when I just
22 > let xfce programs running this "evil" desktop doesn't close.
23 > I did searched at ~/.config directory for a file with the list of
24 > startup applications but there's not a file like this. Also, I tried
25 > to rename .config directory but the problem still occurring.
26 >
27 > Did someone knows where to look for a startup application?
28 > ~/Desktop/AutoStart doesn't exist.
29 >
30 > Tks in any advice,
31 >